Monday 16 April 2012

I still think about the Easter marble cupcakes...

Easter seems already far in my memories, but this afternoon I was going through recent pictures and my loving thought went to the marble cupcakes I made for Easter Sunday...Yum! They were really delicious, the vanilla and chocolate sponge was light and fragrant, and the vanilla and chocolate buttery icing guiltily rich...
I had been on a dairy-free diet for the previous couple of weeks, but these cupcakes threw any good behaviour nicely out of the window (and I haven't looked back yet!)


The recipe was taken from one of Hummingbird Bakery's recipe books, Cake Days. I tried a number of recipes from this book and they ALL came out delicious. These marble cakes, in particular, were put on the table at 3pm and at 3.05 were finished...
What's so special about cupcakes? To me, it's that  you have in your hands not a biscuit, not a slice of cake, but a whole cake. Just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment