Wednesday 14 March 2012

Flea market hidden gems...vintage patterns

In one of these days of (almost) spring, the first time the sun finally decided to stay out for a couple of hours in the afternoon, I took my little monkey to a playground we never went to before (I know, wild life!).
On our way to the playground, we passed in front of a vintage shop I always meant to check out and never really had a chance to...this shop is a fantastic emporium of everything vintage, from those classic striped blue and white mugs, to bright green telephones (little miss shouted excited: "crocodile! CROCODILE!" - she had never seen a "telephone" before), and lots and lots of foulards and clothes that, really, would be better suited to Margaret Thatcher than myself...anyway, these sort of places fascinate me (as you might have guessed from my pseudonym, perhaps...), so I spent a good half hour browsing the place, until my attention was caught by a willow basket full of vintage sewing patterns...heaven!!!
At £2 each, for me these dress patterns from the late 60s incarnate a style that beats time...
I bought a 1965 Jackie O style dress pattern - I need to be prepared for when I will become First Lady... - and a 1969 sweet summer / party dress pattern that screams flower-power! My only dilemma is: will I manage to squeaze in them??? A size 16 of forty years ago is not the same as today's...

 But that's not all...little miss' little friends' second birthdays are coming up, so how about some 80s sun hats as presents??? Watch this space...



No comments:

Post a Comment